A great lesson in life is that LOSING offers more reward long-term than winning. In America, winning is the expectation so when we lose no one wants to DWELL on it. What are you crazy!
Well, I do and below are my top 5 reasons why:
- Understanding Self– it has taught me more about who I am and what I want than winning ever has.
- Personal and Professional Growth-I have accomplished goals I did not even know I had after losing.
- Risk– Once we lose a few times risk becomes more exciting because sooner, or later you will win and it may be big.
- Gain a Competitive Advantage– losing is as much a part of life as winning. It is how we come back from it.
- Grit– this is a valuable tool in life once developed.
So, the next time you LOSE step back and think about how you can WIN as a result. It may just change your life.